The Australian Services Union (Victorian Private Sector Branch) is the Union representing workers in sectors including customer service, administration, clerical, the legal sector, airline ground handling services (as well as maintenance, freight, technical, IT and call center roles within airlines), NGO’s, community and social services, transport, freight, logistics, call centres gaming and wagering.
The Union collects personal information in order to conduct its business of:
- Representing members in workplace and industry-wide negotiations with employers and employer organisations;
- Representing members before the Fair Work Commission, state industrial tribunals and other courts and tribunals on matters relevant to industrial and workplace issues;
- Providing information to members about their employment and related rights and obligations;
- Lobbying State and Federal governments and other relevant bodies about matters of concern to members and their families in relation to employment and living standards;
- Publicising to members and to the community issues of concern to members and proposals to address these concerns;
- Conducting research and other activities in order to enable the Union to effectively carry out these functions;
- Providing members and their families with access to a range of goods and services on favourable terms.
The Union operates in the political, legal, industrial and social spheres.
The Union is committed to protecting your privacy and providing you with information and services relevant to you. The Union complies with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth)